Who is Ramesh Chennithala?
Ramesh Chennithala born on 25 May 1956 is an Indian politician and the senior leader of the Indian National Congress. He was the Leader of the Opposition in the 14thKerala Legislative Assembly. He also served as the state Home Minister in the Government of Kerala for two years. Ramesh Chennithala holds the record of the youngest minister in Kerala at the age of 28.
Ramesh Chennithala Latest News
Senior Congress leader from Kerala Ramesh Chennithala is likely to be made the general secretary of All India Congress Committee (AICC). He was shifted from the post of the opposition leader last month after the party’s humiliating defeat in assembly elections. Speculation is rife after he was summoned to Delhi by the party high command on Friday.
After the poll debacle, the party had decided to make major surgery in the faction-ridden state unit. Senior leader V D Satheesan was made the opposition leader and Kannur strongman K Sudhakaran was elevated to the state party chief’s post.
Ramesh Chennithala Biography, Wiki
Ramesh was born in a Hindu Nair family at Chennithala, Mavelikara in Kerala, India on 25 May 1956 to V. Ramakrishnan Nair and Devakiamma. He studied Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree in Economics and Bachelor of Laws (LL.B).
Ramesh has also served as a Member of Parliament for four-term from Kottayam & Mavelikkara and a member of the Legislative assembly for three terms. In the 2004 loksabha elections he was defeated by CPI(M) leader Adv. C.S. Sujatha. He has represented the highest body of the Indian National Congress, the Congress Working Committee (CWC) in 2004. He is the third opposition leader in Kerala, without been appointed as Chief minister of Kerala.
|BIRTHDAY||25 May, 1956 (Friday)|
|BIRTH PLACE||Mavelikkara , Alappuzha , Kerala|
|AGE (in 2021)||65 Years Old|
|HEIGHT||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|WEIGHT||in Kilograms- 65 kg|
in Pounds- 143.3 lbs
|PARENTS||V. Ramakrishnan Nair, Devaki Amma|
Ramesh Chennithala Wife, and Family
He is married to Anita. They have 2 sons, namely Rohit Chennithala and Ramit Chennithala. Rohit Chennithala is a physician by profession and Ramit Chennithala cleared Civil Services Examination 2017 with 210th rank and currently working in the Indian Revenue Service.
Ramesh Chennithala Career
Ramesh Chennithala started political life from his early school days. In 1970, he became the Kerala Students Union (KSU) Chennithala HS Unit Secretary.
Ramesh Chennithala holds the record of being the youngest minister in the state at the age of 28.
Minister of Rural Development in Third K. Karunakaran ministry from 1986 to 1987. Then he became the Member of Parliament for a long period and came back to state politics in 2005 and became the President of state Congress Party.
Minister of Home Affairs in Second Oommen Chandy ministry from 2014 to 2016. After the 2016 Kerala election, he became the Leader of the Opposition of the state.
Ramesh Chennithala Awards
- Ramesh Chennithala has received PV Sankaranarayanan Memorial Award in 2014.
Ramesh Chennithala Controversy
- January 8, 2019: While addressing media in Thiruvananthapuram, Chennithala stated that his decision to appoint T. P. Senkumar as DGP was “the biggest mistake of my life and I regret the decision,”. Chennithala added that Senkumar was made DGP overruling another officer and the decision proved wrong. “We all are bearing the burden of this decision. I took the decision thinking to let a Malayali become the DGP. But now, I regret it,” he added. He had earlier criticised the chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan for removing Senkumar from the post on numerous occasions.
- September 8, 2020: Ramesh Chennithala’s remarks generated controversy when a journalist indicated about the Congress leaned NGO union links of the health inspector who molested a woman who sought a COVID-19 negative certificate. Later, he said that his statements were taken out of context but apologized.
Ramesh Chennithala FAQ’s
Who is Ramesh Chennithala?
Ramesh Chennithalah is an Indian politician and the senior leader of the Indian National Congress. He was the Leader of the Opposition in the 14thKerala Legislative Assembly.
What is the date of birth of Ramesh Chennithala?
Ramesh Chennithala date of birth is 25 May 1956.
Where was Ramesh Chennithala born?
Ramesh Chennithala was born on 25 May 1956 (age 65), in Mavelikkara, Travancore-Cochin, India.
How many children do Ramesh Chennithala have?
Ramesh Chennithala has 2 sons, namely Rohit Chennithala and Ramit Chennithala.
What is the name of Ramesh Chennithala‘s Wife?
Ramesh Chennithala wife’s name is Anita.
What is Ramesh Chennithala Father’s Name?
Ramesh Chennithala father’s name is V. Ramakrishnan Nair.
What is Ramesh Chennithala Mother’s Name?
Ramesh Chennithala mother’s name is Devaki Amma.
What is Ramesh Chennithala‘s Conatcat Number?
Ramesh Chennithala’s contact number is not public.
- Best Top 5 cryptocurrencies to invest in 2021 & How can I buy cryptocurrency?
- Importance of life insurance policy | 10 reasons to buy life insurance
- Best Hosting For WordPress | Best Hosting For WordPress Websites
- Email marketing for ecommerce sites | WHY IS EMAIL MARKETING IMPORTANT For E-COMMERCE Websites
- Best travel insurance from india | Best travel insurance in india | India best travel insurance in 2021-22
- Best Car Insurance Companies In India | India Best Car Insurance Company
- 10 Best Free Web Hosting Services | Best Free Web Hosting Sites | Best Free Web Hosting