Who is Rajeev Chandrasekhar?
Rajeev Chandrasekhar is an Indian politician and entrepreneur, and a Member of Parliament in the upper house (Rajya Sabha) of the Indian Parliament. He was born on 31 May 1964 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as of 2018 and also the National Spokesperson of BJP and was vice-chairman of the Kerala wing of the BJP-led coalition National Democratic Alliance.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar Latest News
Asianet News journalist calls Bengalis ‘Pakistanis’, says no use showing ‘Sanghis’ getting thrashed in times of Covid-19.
An audio clip of a conversation between a viewer and an Asianet News journalist from Kerala has gone viral where the latter can be heard making objectionable comments against ‘Sanghis’ and the Bengali community. Asianet News has since then issued an apology regarding the same.
The journalist in question, PR Praveena, is reportedly the daughter of senior Congress leader in the state, P Ramani.
In the conversation, the journalist can be heard saying that ‘Sanghis’ from Bengal are Pakistanis and ‘Sanghis’ getting thrashed is not important news in times of Covid-19. The viewer had called the journalist to ask why her channel was not broadcasting the atrocities being committed against BJP workers in West Bengal.
Twitter User Reactions On This
Rajeev Chandrasekhar Biography/Wikipedia
Presently Rajeev Chandrasekhar serves as Member of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance, Member of Public Accounts Committee (PAC), Member of the Joint Committee on Data Protection Bill, 2019 and Member of the Consultative Committee on MoE & IT, Ministry of Communications, Member of the Indian Council for World Affairs.
|Born||31 May 1964 (age 56) Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Alma mater||Manipal Institute of Technology, Illinois Institute of Technology|
Rajeev Chandrasekhar Early life and education
Rajeev Chandrasekhar was born in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. His father M. K. Chandrasekhar was an Air Commodore of the Indian Air Force.
He studied in various schools across India, and studied electrical engineering at Manipal Institute of Technology. He completed Masters in Computer Science in 1988 from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. He then attended the six-week Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School.
Rajeev Chandrasekhar Career
Chandrasekhar founded Jupiter Capital in 2005, with an initial investment of US$100 million, and currently has investments and managed assets of over US$800 million in technology, media, hospitality, and entertainment.
In April 2013, Chandrasekhar was awarded an honorary doctorate by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, for his work as an entrepreneur.
Currently, Rajeev Chandrasekhar is the National Spokesperson of BJP.
In Parliament vocal advocate on Governance, Technology and Economics. As a first-term MP, he was the first one to raise corruption like 2G Scam in parliament and is outspoken MP on issues that concern Governance. Rajeev focuses on Reforms in Economy and Governance, Technology, and Internet, Issues related to youth, and issues concerning national security and sustainable city governance of Bangalore,
- 2006 – Elected to the Rajya Sabha Representing Urban Bengaluru, Karnataka. In his first term in the Rajya Sabha, Rajeev strongly advocated for Governance reforms, Institution building, National Security and welfare of Armed Forces Personnel especially veterans and their families.His interventions within and outside the Parliament raised awareness on critical issues affecting the Nation. Moreover, Rajeev succeeded in making strong impact on shaping the Government decision-making in various areas.First term report card
- 2008 – 2009 – Served as the youngest president of FICCI-Federation of Indian chambers of Commerce and Industry. As the head of the FICCI Task Force on National Security and Terrorism that consisted of senior security professionals, Rajeev presented a report on internal security. Many recommendations made in the report have been accepted and implemented by the Government, these include establishing a National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) to counter terror threats
- 2012 – Unanimously re-elected for a second term in Rajya Sabha – Rajeev continues to take up critical matters in his second term in Parliament.Second term report card
- Dec 2012 – Rajeev, Flags of Honour Foundation and Dr N K Kalia file petition on Capt Saurabh Kalia UN HRC
- 2013 – Rajeev launches ASK Ask Seek Know an online campaign to give citizens an avenue to directly get their voice heard in Parliament.
- Mar 2014 – Rajeevs fight for Armed Forces Voting Rights sees victory with the Supreme Court granting Armed Forces the right to vote.
- Mar 2015 – Rajeevs fight for Freedom of Expression and speech on Internet makes the Supreme Court strike down Article 66 A of the Information & Technology Act.
- Jul 2015 – Rajeevs intervention sees actions against outlets serving liquor to under aged patrons.
- Sep 2015 – One Rank One Pension an issue Rajeev fought for persistently since 2006 is formally announced by the Defence Minister.
- Nov / Dec 2015 Rajeev calls for a Roadmap to end Child Sexual Abuse and forms the National Coalition to Protect Our Children (NCPOC).
More about Rajeev Chandrasekhar
|Place of Birth||Ahmedabad (Gujarat)|
|Political Party||Independent & Others|
|Father’s Name||Air Commodore M.K.Chandrasekhar (Retd.)|
|Mother’s Name||Shrimati Valli Chandrasekhar|
|Marital Status||Married on 26 August|
|Spouse||Shrimati Anju Chandrasekhar|
|Children||One son and one daughter|
|Education||B.E. (Electrical Engg.), Masters in Computer Science, Advanced Management Programme Educated at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal (Karnataka), Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago and Harvard University, Boston (U.S.A.)|
|Position Held||MP of Rajya Sabha for Karnataka (3 April 2012)|
- Chaudhary Ajit Singh Biography, Wiki, RLD Chief, Age, Reason of Death, and More
- News Anchor Pragya Mishra Biography, Wiki, Husband Name, Age, Salary
- Bihar chief secretary Arun Kumar Singh Biography, Wiki, Death, and more
- Telangana Home Minister Etela Rajender Biography, Wiki, Land Grabbing Case
- BJP MLA Chandana Bauri Biography, Wiki, Election Result, Networth, and More