#NortheastMatters, #AchapterforNE Trending On Twitter
Thousands of people from the North-East states and from different parts of the country today swamped the microblogging site Twitter, demanding representation of the states’ history and culture in school textbooks designed by the Central National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
Using #NortheastMatters, #AchapterforNE, and #chapterforNE they have said the NCERT textbooks should include chapters on the culture, geography and history of the region.
Hima Das the Golden Girl Of India too came in support and tweeted,
“As a proud citizen of India, I want our textbooks to include all its colours and glory. So I request concerned authorities to include a chapter about NE in @ncert syllabus,”.
Shashi Tharoor to tweeted and supported the campaign of NortheastMatters & #chapterforNE for including a chapter about Northeast history and culture in NCERT Books. He tweeted,
“There is absolutely no doubt that the #NorthEastMatters. It’s essential that a chapter on the NorthEast is included in the NCERT syllabus. We must know our own country better.”
“Let our history and cultural heritage breathe ” We Demand a place in educational textbooks. We Demand a place in NCERT!!” NSUI Nagaland tweeted.
Many Other Tweets were also made by NSUI Nagaland supporting this campaign.
University students of North East India had planned the online campaign after a YouTuber from Punjab made racial remarks about Arunachal Pradesh MLA Ninong Ering, Gauhati University Postgraduate Students’ Union General Secretary Parshwa Patgiri told Careers360.
The call for Twitter storm has received wide attention from people across the region. MP (Lok Sabha) from Arunachal Pradesh Tapir Gao, Nagaland legislators like Zale Neikha and Kuzholuzo Nienu, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) president K Therie, also showed their support towards the initiative.
No bail for Punjab YouTuber in racism row
The Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) court here has extended the judicial custody of Punjab-based YouTuber Paras Singh for 7 more days.
Paras, who is presently lodged at the district jail in Jully near here, was produced before the court on Friday following the end of his six days judicial custody.
“The court of JMFC has extended the judicial custody of accused Paras for a period of 7 more days,” Special Investigation Team (SIT) superintendent of police Rohit Rajbir Singh said.
On being asked if there was any particular reason for the extension, Singh said it was the court’s discretion. The court had on May 29 sent the YouTuber to judicial custody for 6 days.
Paras had made the racial comments while reacting to a letter addressed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi by Ering recently wherein he had appealed to the latter to ban the relaunch of PUBG Mobile India’s new avatar Battlegrounds Mobile India.
- IAS Alapan Bandyopadhyay Biography, Wiki, West Bengal Chief Secretary, Biodata, Latest News
- New Chief Secretary Of West Bengal Hari Krishna Dwivedi IAS Biography, Wiki, Age, Family
- BP Gopalika IAS, New Home Secretary Of West Bengal – Biography, Wiki, Contact, Biodata
- Best Top 5 cryptocurrencies to invest in 2021 & How can I buy cryptocurrency?
- Importance of life insurance policy | 10 reasons to buy life insurance
- Best Hosting For WordPress | Best Hosting For WordPress Websites
- Email marketing for ecommerce sites | WHY IS EMAIL MARKETING IMPORTANT For E-COMMERCE Websites
- Best travel insurance from india | Best travel insurance in india | India best travel insurance in 2021-22
- Best Car Insurance Companies In India | India Best Car Insurance Company
- Why Do We Need Term Life Insurance?