Who is Sameer Wankhede?
Samir Wankhede, a resident of Maharashtra, is a 2008 batch IRS officer. After joining the Indian Revenue Service, his first posting was as Deputy Custom Commissioner at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai.
Due to his ability, he was later sent to Andhra Pradesh and then to Delhi as well. He is considered an expert in matters related to drugs and drugs. Within the last two years, under the leadership of Sameer Wankhede, the drug and drugs racket worth about 17 thousand crores was exposed.
Sameer Wankhede Biography/Wikipedia
|Real Name||Sameer Wankhede (समीर वानखेड़े)|
|Famous For||NCB’s Zonal Director|
|Wife Name||Kranti Redkar (actress)|
|Marriage Date||March 29, 2017|
Clash with celebrities
As deputy customs commissioner, the first thing he did was stopping his juniors from running behind celebrities at the airport for their autographs instead of checking their luggage. He started stopping the celebrities from leaving the customs area until they had revealed their purchases and paid the required tax. Each international passenger is allowed to carry foreign goods worth Rs 35,000 and is required to pay 36 per cent duty on goods worth more than that amount. Customs officers have powers to arrest anyone whose fine amount is more than Rs 500,000.
Wankhede’s most memorable clash was with the actor son of a legendary cricketer and the wife of another star cricketer. After they spoke rudely to Wankhede, he simply informed them that he could arrest them for tax evasion, after which they immediately paid the fine.
Wankhede likes only two celebrities—Singham actor Ajay Devgn, as he is an honest man who has never attempted to evade paying tax; and another is Marathi actor Kranti Redkar, who Wankhede married in 2017.
Sameer Wankhede and Team Attacked
On the night of November 22, Wankhede along with five other NCB officials were injured after being attacked by a mob made up of 60 alleged drug peddlers. The NCB team had gone to arrest a drug peddler called ‘Carry Mandis’ in Goregaon, the western suburb of Mumbai, home to the Dadasaheb Phalke Chitra Nagari (Film City), the heart of Bollywood in the city. While two NCB officials were seriously injured, Wankhede escaped with minor injuries. The Mumbai Police has arrested Carry Mandis and his three associates over the attack.
Sameer Wankhede wife is quite famous
Very few people know that Kranti Redkar, wife of Sameer Wankhede, is a very famous actress. Kranti has worked with Ajay Devgan in the film Gangajal. Apart from this, she has worked in many TV serials. Kranti is more active in Marathi cinema than Bollywood. Along with this, she has also worked in English films and he has also tried his hand at direction.
Sameer Wankhede Physical Status
|Age||32-36 years old|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5′ 9″.|
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.|
Pounds: 165.43 lbs
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sameer Wankhede
- According to media sources, Sameer Wankhede was selected as an IRS officer in the 2008 batch.
- Consequently, he was posted as Deputy Custom Commissioner of the Indian Revenue Service at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai.
- Later, he was promoted to Andhra Pradesh and Delhi.
- He has a vast knowledge of substance abuse, which is why he was appointed as a senior officer to investigate Sushant Singh’s suicide case.
- Let me tell you, it is the officer who created a stir in Bollywood after the death of Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As everyone knows, the secret of Sushant’s death was the drug connection in Bollywood.
- During this time, NCB caught Riya Chakraborty, Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Rakul Preet Singh, and many other celebrities.
- According to media sources, Sameer Wankhede was also granted the Jamadar Bapu Laxman Lamkhede Award for Lokmat, an outstanding administrative officer.