Who is Mansukh Mandaviya?
Mansukh Mandaviya or Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya born on 1 June 1972 is the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare India and Chemical and Fertilizers (India). He is also a Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat.
In 2015, he was selected to represent India at the United Nations where he spoke about ‘2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’.
Mansukh Mandaviya Biography, Wiki
Mansukh Mandavaiya was born in a small village named Hanol in Palitana Taluka of Bhavnagar district of Gujarat State. Born to a middle-class farmer family, he is the youngest amongst 4 brothers. He finished his primary education in Government Primary School, Hanol after which he completed his high school studies from Songadh Gurukul.
|Mansukh Laxmanbhai Mandaviya|
1 June 1972 (age 49)
Hanol, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Neeta Mandaviya (m. 1995)|
|Alma mater||M.A. in Political Science from Bhavnagar University|
Mansukh Mandaviya Wife, Personal life
Born on June 1, 1972 Mansukh Mandavaiya hails from a small village named Hanol in Palitana Taluka of Bhavnagar district of Gujarat State. He belongs to a middle-class family and is the youngest of his four brothers. He got married to Neeta Mandaviya in the year 1995 and has two children Pavan and Disha.
Mansukh Mandaviya Education
Mansukh Mandaviya completed his MA in Political Science from Bhavnagar University. In 1992, at the age of 20, he became a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. He then became State Executive Member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad, Gujarat.
Mansukh Mandaviya takes charge as Union health minister
Mansukh Mandaviya took charge as the country’s new health minister on Thursday. Mandaviya, a BJP leader from Gujarat’s Saurashtra region, replaces Dr Harsh Vardhan, who was dropped from the Council of Ministers on Wednesday.
His portfolio assumes utmost significance as the country is in battling a coronavirus pandemic.
Mandaviya will also lead the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
“Mansukh Mandaviya takes charge as Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare at Nirman Bhawan today (Thursday),” the Health Ministry said.
Mandaviya was on Wednesday elevated to Cabinet rank from the minister of state (MoS). He was holding the independent charge of the Shipping Ministry and was MoS for the Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry.
Mansukh Mandaviya Foreign Visits
Mansukh Mandaviya has been a part of various delegations, twice with the President and once with Vice President to sign MOUs and develop bilateral relations with other Nations. In the Asian Continent he has visited China, Israel, Oman, Nepal, Dubai and Uzbekistan. He also visited European countries like England & Germany, South American countries like Brazil & Argentina. He has visited many countries of Africa like Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Algeria, Hungary, Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland and Zambia. In an Oceania Region Shri Mandaviya visited New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji and Australia.
Mansukh Mandaviya As a Union Minister
He was made Union Minister of State for Road Transport & Highways (India), Union Minister of State for Shipping (India) and Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers (India) of India on 5 July 2016.
On 31 May 2019, Mandaviya became Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Shipping and Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers.
On 7 July 2021, Mandaviya became the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, preceded by Dr. Harshvardhan.
Mansukh Mandaviya Political Career
Mansukh Mandaviya is currently the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare India and Chemical and Fertilizers (India).
- 2002-2007: Member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly for Palitana
- 2011-2012: Chairman, Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Limited
- 2012-2018: Member of Rajya Sabha
- 2013: Youngest State Secretary of BJP, Gujarat
- 2015: General Secretary of BJP, Gujarat
- 2016-2019: Minister of State for Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Ministry of Shipping and Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers
- 2018: Re-elected as Member of Rajya Sabha
- 2019: Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Shipping and Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers
- 2021: Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare India and Chemical and Fertilizers (India).
Initiatives Taken By Mansukh Mandaviya
- In 2004, he organized a 123 Km long Padyatra, titled “Kanya Kelavani Jyot Padyatra” for the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ social campaign for 45 educational backward villages of his constituency.
- In 2006, he organized a 127 Km Padyatra connecting 52 villages of his constituency with the title “Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao, Vyasan Hatao”.
- As a part of the 150th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth, Mandaviya undertook a 150 km long Padyatra. He started the Padyatra with tree plantation and explained the relation among the Gandhian thoughts and nature. He also flagged off the 22,000 km and 3-month long bike journey by three youngsters from Surat.
Mansukh Mandaviya Biodata, Wikipedia