Who is Bruce Lehrmann?
Bruce Lehrmann is a senior advisor of the Australian Liberal Party. Previously he was a staff member of Senator Linda Reynolds’s office.
Currently, Lehrmann is in a media headline raping Brittany Higgins inside the Parliament’s office. Moving on, Brittany Higgins is an Australian Liberal Staffer.
Bruce Lehrmann charged with rape of Brittany Higgins to face trial
A Queensland man who is charged with sexually assaulting Brittany Higgins at Parliament House will go to trial to fight the allegations.
Bruce Lehrmann on Friday linked into the hearing via phone in the ACT Magistrates Court where he was committed to a trial in the Supreme Court.
“With the consent of the prosecution I waive the committal proceedings and commit you to the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory,” magistrate Robert Cook said.
“You are committed to the Supreme Court for trial.”
During the brief hearing Mr Lehrmann only spoke to the magistrate to confirm his identity and that he was present.
Mr. Lehrmann previously pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual intercourse without consent, being reckless as to whether Ms. Higgins consented.
The former political staffer came forward in February this year alleging she had been assaulted in the office of then Defence Minister Linda Reynolds on March 23, 2019. Mr Lehrmann denies the claim.
In a statement earlier this year, Mr Lehrmann’s lawyer said he “absolutely and unequivocally denies that any form of sexual activity took place at all”.
The charge he is facing carries a maximum sentence of 12 years imprisonment if convicted.
Ms. Higgins has granted permission to NCA NewsWire to be identified as the alleged victim in Mr Lehrmann’s court matter.
Mr. Lehrmann will next face a hearing in the Supreme Court on November 18.
Bruce Lehrmann Biography, Wiki
Bruce Lehrmann was the senior adviser for the Liberal Party. He is a former staff member of Senator Linda Reynolds’s office.
Further, Brittany Higgins, a fellow colleague and staff at the Liberal Party, accused Bruce of raping her inside the Parliament’s office in March 2019. She was then forced to make a choice between keeping her job or file a complaint against the perpetrator.
At the time, she chose to stay silent to protect the Liberal Party and her job. But, she eventually decided to come forward and demand justice.
Some Interesting Facts About Bruce Lehrmann
- Previously, Bruce has also worked under Senator George Brandis, where he was seen thanking the guy in the speech of parliament in 2018.
- Currently, he has found himself in a tight spot as Bruce has been charged with sexual assault and rape by Brittany Higgins.
- Following such heinous allegations, three more women have risen and made similar allegations against Lehrmann.
- Also, it was reported that Bruce was taken to the hospital hours after the charges and allegations were made against him. It is yet to confirm if he was genuinely sick.
- Bruce Lehrmann has kept his love life hidden. As such, his spouse’s name has not been officially revealed as of now.
- He has a kept low media profile since several sexual misconduct and allegations were made against him.
- On the other hand, Bruce’s early life, family, and educational background are kept under wraps by him.
- Bruce’s actual net worth is unclear at the moment.
- Besides his personal information, Lehrmann has deleted his social media accounts like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Bruce Lehrmann FAQ’s
Who is Bruce Lehrmann?
Bruce is a senior advisor of the Australian Liberal Party. Previously he was a staff member of Senator Linda Reynolds’s office.
Why is Bruce Lehrmann arrested?
Bruce Lehrmann is arrested because he is charged with the rape of Brittany Higgins.
How old is Bruce Lehrmann?
The exact age of Bruce Lehrmann is not known but he is in his mid-20s.
- Jenna Ryan Biography, Wiki, Age, Career, Boyfriend, Arrest, Net Worth | Who is Realtor Jenna Ryan? Bio, Wiki