What is Autoresponder?
An autoresponder is a time-based email or message that you send out automatically after a visitor signs up for your email list. Depending on your autoresponder tool’s capabilities, you can further segment your autoresponder emails based on other contact properties, but at its core, an autoresponder allows you to passively and automatically send pre-written messages.
MailerLite has become a popular autoresponder tool over the past few years. They have a generous free plan and lots of great features.
- You can use autoresponders and advanced segmentation on the free plan, without any need to upgrade.
- Lots of other features are available on the free plan, such as landing pages, multi-user accounts, and A/B split testing of emails.
- The free plan doesn’t limit you to a set number of emails per day. Instead, there’s a monthly limit of 12,000 emails.
- Even the cheapest paid plan gives you access to all the “Premium Plans” features. These include A/B testing of landing pages, auto-resend, and delivery by timezone.
- There’s a drag and drop editor that you can use to create your emails. You can add and remove blocks easily, change fonts and styles, and more.
- There aren’t any email templates available on the free plan. When you use the drag and drop builder, though, it has a simple default template with space for a logo, header, image, etc.
- If your list grows beyond 1,000 people, you’ll need to upgrade to a $15 or more paid plan.
- Your emails will have the MailerLite logo on them. You can’t remove this while on the free plan.
MailerLite has a free plan that you can use for as long as you like. The cheapest paid plan is $10/month, but if you want more than 1,000 subscribers on your list, you’ll need to pay $15/month or more.
All the paid plans have the same features available, so you’re simply paying as you increase your number of subscribers.
Mailchimp is a very popular email marketing service with tons of features to automate your emails and a free plan.
- The free plan lets you use segmentation and simple autoresponders. It could be a great fit if you just want to use a bit of automation.
- Mailchimp integrates with over 300 apps, including Canva, SeedProd’s Maintenance Mode Pro, Help Scout, and many more.
- The drag and drop templates are easy to set up and modify.
- Mailchimp is becoming an all-in-one solution with a built-in CRM tool. If this is what you’re looking for, Mailchimp could be a good option for you.
- The free plan only includes email support for the first 30 days. After that, you’ll only have the knowledge base documents to help you.
- There’ll be MailChimp branding on your emails if you’re on the free plan.
- You can’t create multi-step autoresponder sequences on the “Free” or “Essentials” plans.
- MailChimp’s customer support, pricing structure, and features are definitely not the best out there. We no longer recommend them to our readers and suggest these MailChimp alternatives instead.
- MailChimp’s automation tools aren’t as powerful as those of their competitors. This is a particular problem if you’re mainly interested in using them as an autoresponder.
MailChimp has several different pricing systems, which can be a bit confusing. You can either opt for a monthly plan (from $9.99/month for the “Essentials” plan) or you can use “pay as you go” pricing (from $150 for 5,000 emails).
Note: MailChimp’s pricing tires are based on your “contacts”. These include people who’ve unsubscribed and those who haven’t confirmed their email address, as well as your actual subscribers.
ConvertKit has recently launched a free plan, which allows you to build unlimited landing pages and opt-in forms. It’s a good way to start building your email list.
You can also take a 14 day free trial of ConvertKit.
- If you’re using an optin incentive, ConvertKit has a great delivery mechanism for these. It’s particularly well geared up for professional bloggers.
- ConvertKit has lots of different ways you can segment your customers. You can also assign tags to customers.
- There’s a landing page builder that you can use to create attractive landing pages. There are 30 templates to pick from and you can customize the design.
- Setting up your free account is really quick. It takes just seconds and you can get started on building your landing page straight away.
- You’ll need to invite a friend if you want to unlock most of the features of the free plan, including the ability to actually send emails!
- You can’t use the automation functionality on the free plan. You’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan if you want to use this. You can try it out on the 14-day free trial, though.
ConvertKit has a limited free plan. After this, the cheapest plan is $29/month, which covers you for up to 1,000 subscribers. The next tier is $49/month for up to 3,000 subscribers.
GetResponse is a popular and easy to use email marketing service aimed at small businesses. It doesn’t have a free plan, but there’s a 30 day free trial available.
- You can try any of their paid plans free for 30 days, including the Professional plan that lets you run free webinars. You don’t need to enter any credit card details.
- GetResponse can be integrated with OptinMonster, PayPal, Shopify, ClickBank, and many other tools.
- Support is available through phone, live chat, and email. There’s also a comprehensive help section.
- Once your free plan is over, you can still use autoresponders on the lowest-priced plan.
- There’s no free plan, just the 30-day free trial. This doesn’t give you very long to get your email list up and running.
- For some of the more advanced automation features, you’ll need to move up to the Plus plan. This also gives you things like webinars, but if you don’t want those, you may feel it’s quite expensive.
The different plans offer different features. For instance, from the Plus plan up, you get webinars and an automation builder. The cheapest plan, Basic, is $15/month for up to 1,000 subscribers
Aweber built one of the first well-known autoresponder softwares, and it’s still widely used and loved.
Aweber is a bit more expensive to start out ($19 per month for up to 500 subscribers), but the tool gives you all the critical features you need to implement an impressive autoresponder email system. This includes segmenting, analytics, sign-up forms, templates, and even stock photos.
If you want a straightforward solution for a relatively small email list (anything over 25,000 emails gets quite a bit pricier), Aweber is a good solution.
Autopilot is an email marketing, messaging, and automation platform that has billed itself as the easiest marketing automation platform to use. They have a visual editor that is quite clear and easy to understand (even without being a master automation nerd).
Of course, their platform allows for quite sophisticated messaging and targeting, although you can surely create a simple autoresponder based on a time-sequence as well.
Pricing starts at one dollar per month for up to 500 contacts and then begins at $25 per month for more than 500 contacts. They include a 30-day free trial, as well.
- Best Hosting For WordPress | Best Hosting For WordPress Websites
- Email marketing for ecommerce sites | WHY IS EMAIL MARKETING IMPORTANT For E-COMMERCE Websites
- How to earn money online in India? | How earn money online without investment?