Who is Arun Venkataraman?
Venkataraman is the nominee for Director-General of the United States and Foreign Commercial Service and Assistant Secretary for Global Markets, Department of Commerce. Mr. Venkataraman obtained his law degree from the Columbia University School of Law and his Master of Arts from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
Venkataraman has over two decades of experience in advising companies, international organisations and the US government on international trade issues.
Arun Venkataraman Biography/Wikipedia
Arun Venkataraman is currently the Counselor to the Secretary of Commerce, where he advises the department on trade and other international economic matters. Before joining the Biden-Harris administration, Venkataraman was a senior director at Visa.
There, he led global government engagement strategy on a range of international policy issues including digital economy, trade, tax and sanctions.
Arun Venkataraman has also served as the trade and investment policy advisor at Steptoe & Johnson LLP, where he counselled multinational firms and other organisations on e-commerce, intellectual property rights, and US and foreign trade policies, according to news agency PTI.
As the first-ever Director of Policy at the Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration under President Barack Obama, Arun Venkataraman helped shape the US government’s responses to critical challenges faced by firms in the country and in markets around the world, including China and India, the White House said.
Arun Venkataraman also served as the associate general counsel, representing the United States in litigation before the World Trade Organization (WTO) and in negotiations on international trade agreements.
Arun Venkataraman Career
He began his career as a law clerk for Judge Jane A Restani at the US Court of International Trade. He holds a JD from the Columbia Law School, a Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, and a BA from Tufts University.
Mr. Venkataraman obtained his law degree from the Columbia University School of Law and his Master of Arts from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.
Arun Venkataraman Education
Columbia Law School Columbia Law School
- Degree Name – Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Dates attended or expected graduation – 1995 – 1999
Tufts University – The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- Degree Name – Master’s Degree Field Of Study International Economic Law, International Political Economy
- Dates attended or expected graduation – 1996 – 1999
Tufts University Tufts University
- Degree Name – Bachelor’s DegreeField Of StudyInternational Relations, French Literature
- Dates attended or expected graduation – 1991 – 1995
Arun Venkataraman Profile – linkedin.com/in/venkataramanarun
- Best Top 5 cryptocurrencies to invest in 2021 & How can I buy cryptocurrency?
- Importance of life insurance policy | 10 reasons to buy life insurance
- Best Hosting For WordPress | Best Hosting For WordPress Websites
- Email marketing for ecommerce sites | WHY IS EMAIL MARKETING IMPORTANT For E-COMMERCE Websites
- Best travel insurance from india | Best travel insurance in india | India best travel insurance in 2021-22
- Best Car Insurance Companies In India | India Best Car Insurance Company