Who is Ajay Kumar Mishra?
Ajay Kumar Mishra (25 September 1960) is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha. He is the current Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
He represents the Kheri constituency of Uttar Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party political party. Currently, his son is rumored to have his presence in the murder of farmers in Kheri.
My son was not there… else he would not have survived attack, says Ajay Mishra
As the political row over the Lakhimpur Kheri violence intensified on Monday, Union minister Ajay Kumar Mishra Teni dismissed allegations that his son was allegedly driving a vehicle that mowed down several people, including four farmers, a day ago.
The minister’s son, Ashish Mishra, who is facing murder charges, also claimed that the allegations against him are baseless and that he was not present at the scene of the incident.
“My son was not there. In the program, there were thousands of people, including police and administration. My son was present at the program venue from 11 am and continued to stay there till the conclusion of the program. So there is no chance of my son being present at the spot,” he said.
The Union minister was referring to a program that was organized to welcome Uttar Pradesh deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya in the district.
Violence broke out after two vehicles belonging to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers, en route to the event, allegedly ran over four cultivators who were demonstrating against Maurya’s visit at Tikonia-Banbirpur road in Lakhimpur Kheri.
Ajay Kumar Mishra Biography, Wiki
He was born on 25th September 1960 to Shri Ambica Parsad Misra (father) and Smt. Prem Dulari Misra (mother) in Banveer Pur village in Lakhimpur Kheri district of Uttar Pradesh. He is married to Smt. Puspa Misra on 11th June 1978. He is an Agriculturist and Industrialist.
He attended the Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University and attained Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Law degrees from Christ Church College and D.A.V. College Kanpur (Kanpur University) respectively.
An introvert since childhood and an ordinary student having been interested in studies and also showed keen interest in Sports. Played exemplary role in education, sports and other extracurricular activities.
Later on during professional life, moved by social inequalities and deprivation of people of human rights, joined politics and started political career as BJP District General Secretary and became a member of Parliament in very short span of time.
He has also been Vice Chairman, D.C. Bank Kheri and a Member, Zila Parishad, Kheri.
Ajay Kumar Mishra is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha. He is the Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. He represents the Kheri constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
|Born||25 September 1960 (age 61)|
Lakhimpur Kheri district
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Pushpa Mishra (wife)|
|Children||02 sons 1 daughter|
|Parents||Ambika Prasad Mishra (father)|
|Residence||Vill. & Post Banveerpur, Nighasan, Lakhimpur Kheri (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Alma mater||B.Sc., L.L.B., (Christ Church College and D.A.V College Kanpur (Kanpur University).|
|Profession||Politician, farmer & businessperson|
Ajay Kumar Mishra Career
- In May 2012, Shri Mishra was elected as MLA in the 16th Legislative Assembly from Nighasan.
- In May 2014, he was elected as Member of Parliament (16th Lok Sabha).
- In September 2014, he was appointed as a Member of the Standing Committee on Rural Development and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship.
- From 2014 to 2018, he was Member, Committee of Parliament on official language.
- From 2018 to 2019, he was Member, Convenor of 1st sub-committee of Parliament on official language.
- In May, 2019, he was re-elected to 17th Lok Sabha (2nd term) and on 24th July 2019, he became Member, Committee on Public Accounts.
- On 13th September 2019, he became Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution.
- On 09th October 2019, he became Member, Committee on Absence of Members from the Sittings of the House, and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- On 07th July 2021, he became Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Ajay Kumar Mishra Special Interests
Creating awareness among rural youths regarding health and took a special interest in Cricket, Powerlifting, and Wrestling. Won several competitions at University and District levels in the above-mentioned sports events. Has been organizing Wrestling, Cricket, and Powerlifting competitions.
Ajay Kumar Mishra FAQ’s
Who is Ajay Kumar Mishra?
Ajay Kumar Mishra (25 September 1960) is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha. He is the current Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. He represents the Kheri constituency of Uttar Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party political party. Currently, his son is rumored to have his presence in the murder of farmers in Kheri.
What is Ajay Kumar Mishra’s age?
Currently, Ajay Kumar Mishra is 61 years old.
Who is Ajay Kumar Mishra’s son?
Ashish Kumar Mishra.
- Sukanta Majumdar Biography, Wiki, New West Bengal BJP Chief, Family, Age, Contact | Who is Sukanta Majumdar? Bio, Wikipedia